Software Testing Team Leader
Reporting to the Test Manager, you will lead a team of Test Analysts, who each provide support to a range of on-going projects. The role must understand the discipline of testing and must be able to effectively implement a testing process that supports communication and cost-effective testing across multiple platforms. Additionally, the role will pro-actively seek opportunities to improve QA processes and practices within the team.
- Lead, mentor and motivate the Test team. Holding appraisals, encouraging personal development plans, having regular team and one to one meetings.
- Assist in defining the quality standards and metrics for measuring release quality and ensure all Test Analysts are aware of the quality matrix in place.
- Ensure stakeholders are updated with quality measurements per test cycle.
- Create milestones and checkpoints to measure quality over a given period of time.
- Ensure appropriate planning and management of test resources.
- Find and coordinate activities that support different testing techniques e.g. functional, non-functional testing.
- Plan test activities which enforce quality improvements e.g. test case review, regression testing tasks.
- Identify areas for improvement and construct a proposal to the Test Manager with benefits of making changes.
- Review output from the team and produce documentation where required to the Test Manager.
- Arrange regular team meetings to understand current progress and risks.
- Ensure that testing processes are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure consistency in output.
- Investigate ways to automate daily tasks to speed up the testing process.
- Define high-level test plans to ensure the quality of a given release meets set criteria.
- Proven testing experience or an understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- A minimum of 12 months experience of leading/managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with a wide range of people and support relationships between other departments.
- Strong decision and problem-solving skills,
- Knowledge of one or more of; Java, C#.NET, JUNIT, HTML, CSS, SQL.
- Good understanding of Testing and Development methodologies.
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Use of issue tracking system e.g. JIRA, Test Management tools, Test Automation, Webservices.
- Formal Testing qualification such as ISTQB/ISEB.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the full list of our current employment opportunities here.