Agile Software Tester
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Sword Apak has grown from one software developer’s kitchen table into a global brand. We develop, implement and support innovative software solutions for some of the most prestigious global banks and asset finance companies. Our team is an eclectic mix of developers, creatives, analysts, strategists and technicians. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds; from those with years of industry experience, to graduates looking to start their careers in a dynamic and innovative marketplace.
Reporting to the software development team lead, we are looking for a tester to work within our growing, highly skilled agile software development team.
You will be the first member of the team focussing on testing, and as such you will have the freedom to create and implement processes that will help improve the quality of our software.
You will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the development lifecycle, from defining requirements, creating test plans and running tests, through to acceptance testing by customers.
- Creating and maintaining test plans.
- Running end to end web application tests.
- Validating the quality of acceptance criteria on specifications.
- Defining test cases to cover the acceptance criteria.
- Validating the work completed meets the acceptance criteria.
- Participate in decision-making regarding the integration of software packages and processes to support testing and test automation.
- Supporting customers through their acceptance testing phases.
- Validating and documenting bugs reported by customers.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A desire to work in the finance industry coupled with a strong interest in mobile and web based technologies.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to tactfully handle interactions with developers about bugs and manage relationships with customers.
- Ability to work independently on several projects at once.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Great organisational skills.
- A high standard of verbal and written English
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience in agile software testing.
- Software development experience.
- Test automation experience.
- Experience in non-functional testing, performance/load testing, or security testing.
- Experience in preparing test plans.
- BSc in a technical subject, e.g. computer science, maths, engineering.
See the full list of our current employment opportunities here.